How Can You Improve Productivity "On the Line?"
How Can You Improve Productivity "On the Line"
In manufacturing, if you see a conveyor, there is a high probability that you will also see cable pull switches.
Cable pulls perform an important function in the emergency stopping of a line. A line may need to be stopped for any number of reasons; some of those reasons include, but are not limited to:
- Personal Safety
- Machine Safety
- Product Damage
- Package Controls
While cable pulls are often mandatory, they can potentially cause problems that could have a negative impact on productivity. Some of those problems include:
- Increased Installation Time
- Nuisance Trips
- Tension Adjustments
- Longer Cable Runs
- Locating Trip Locations
Wouldn't it be nice to have a more efficient cable pull switch?
Well, now we do! Rockwell Automation's Guardmaster LifeLine 5 eliminates all the problems mentioned above with one switch!
Rockwell Automation's LifeLine5 Gives you:
- Solid state operation - first in the industry
- Enhanced safety and productivity with microprocessor-based
- Performance at the highest safety ratings, even in series connection
- TÜV Approved
- PLe Cat 4 according to EN ISO 13849-1
- SIL CL3 per IEC 62061 and IEC 61508
- EN ISO 13850 and IEC 60947-5-5
- 100 m (328 ft) maximum cable span
- Electronic rope monitoring system - monitors the cable span
- Compensation for thermal expansion
- Built in margin indication to help reduce downtime
- Wide operating temperature range (-20°C to 75°C (-4° F to 167° F)
- 270-degree visible LED indicators which offer diagnostics for switch and tensioning setup
- Rugged stainless steel (IP69K) or die cast aluminum (IP66) housing with an optional e-stop
- Available with a 5 -or 8-pin Micro M12 connector
- OSSD outputs (2 OSSDs for safety, 1 Auxiliary, 1 Tension/margin (8- pin model only)
Don’t take it from us, check out the video below to see the benefits of the Lifeline ™ 5 or better yet, contact Revere’s Industrial Controls Product Manager for a Hands-On demo!