History

Revere History

1919

Revere Electric was founded by Fred Eiseman Sr.

1927

Revere Electric Supply published their first comprehensive catalog. The Messenger of Service was created in order to give credibility to the electrical distributor in the eyes of the manufacturer. "Messenger of Service" was taken from Paul Revere and his ability to make sure the right message was delivered quickly and accurately every time. Revere adopted that ethic and it is still being practiced today

1928

Revere Electric opened a new facility, located at 757 W. Jackson, Chicago, IL. The new facility was twice the size of the original building, 35,000 square feet and it housed a staff of 21 and growing.

1945

Revere Electric becomes an authorized Allen Bradley distributor.

1950

Revere Electric became a leading supplier to the Federal and State Government.

1952

Our founder, Fred R. Eiseman, Sr. retired from the business and his son Fred R. Eiseman, Jr. took the reigns.

Revere moved into a spacious 70,000 square foot building located at 2501 W. Washington Blvd. – this is the location where we reside today. The reason for the move was twofold. Of course the company had been growing strong over the last twenty four years, but one of the instrumental reasons for the move was that the City of Chicago wanted to break down the street to make way for a new expressway, known to Chicagoans now as the Dan Ryan.

The building was originally a chemical plant that was owned by the Farney family. The Farney's were successful during the prohibition because they sold a certain type of medicine. Can you guess what that was? To this day we still get inquiries about the Farney family.

1973

Revere Electric opened their first suburban branch in Elgin, IL.

1974

Tom Eiseman, current owner, joined the management team.

1979

Revere Electric hired an engineer to start selling Allen Bradley PLC's and purchased Kwains Electric in Hammond, Indiana.

1989

Revere Electric purchased Muntz Electric in Rockford, IL and won our 1st National Competitive Edge Award, and installed a new computer system.

2000

Revere Electric won their 2nd National Competitive Edge Award and started an e-commerce business.

2002

Revere Electric acquired Holt Electric in Hartland, Wisconsin.

2003

Owner Tom Eiseman decides to create a Board of Directors and becomes Chairman on the Board. Tom also hires Paul McCool to act as President and CEO of the company.

2005

Revere Electric acquires Complete Industrial Enterprises in Peru and Morris, IL.

2008

Complete Industrial in Morris, IL becomes an authorized Rockwell distributor.

2008

Revere Electric expands communications within the locations by purchasing both a new business and telephone system.

2013

Revere Electric closed it's Morris location and built a new 45,000 Sq Ft facility in Mokena, Illinois.

2013

Revere Electric acquired BJ Electric Supply in Madison, WI, Janesville, WI, and Pewaukee, WI.

2015

Revere Electric opens a new facility in Loves Park, IL

2016

Revere Electric acquires Glenbard Electric Supply in Lombard, IL.

2016

Holt Electric and Complete Industrial change their name to Revere Electric Supply.

2016

BJ Electric Supply's Pewaukee, WI location moves to West Allis, WI and becomes a Revere Electric Supply location authorized to sell Rockwell Automation.

Holt History

1892

Charles W. Holt founded Holt Electric Company located at 423 W. Pierce Street, Milwaukee, WI. The company began as an electric motor repair shop that offered motor repair and industrial power wiring services.

1920

Holt Electric Manufacturing Company began manufacturing electric motors and drill presses in addition to the repair and wiring services they already performed.

1931

Holt Electric Manufacturing Company changed their name to Holt Electric Motor Company. Around this time Holt began to broaden its scope and began selling new motors and electrical control products to Southeastern Wisconsin's industrial market. Holt became an authorized Allen Bradley distributor.

1933

Charles W. Holt passed away and his son F. Maurice Holt took over the business. At the time Holt employed 18-20 people and the only sales people were the President and the Vice President of the company.

1956

Holt Electric Motor Company brought on a new President. Carlos L. Harry.

1964

Holt Electric Motor Company once again went under new management and G.D. Milikin took over as President of the company.

1965

Holt moved its operations to a larger facility located at 5225 West State Street, Milwaukee. Holt operated solely out of this facility, expanding the building twice.

1993

Holt built a new facility at 1515 Walnut Ridge Drive, Hartland. Holt now has two locations, one in Milwaukee and one in Hartland.

1996

Expanded both warehouse space and office space at the Hartland facility.

1998

Became a full line electrical distributor.

2002

Holt Acquired by Revere Electric Supply

Complete Industrial History

1963

Mayor Don Baker opens Complete Industrial located at 237 First St., Lasalle, Il

1966

Complete becomes an Allen Bradley Distributor

1978

Built present Facility (1220 Wenzel Rd)

1986

Morris Facility opened

1990

Motor shop location opened

2005

Became a Division of Revere Electric Supply